The naturopathic process provides an alternative route to conventional medicine.
Patients seek health care for two primary reasons: to address acute/recent ailments, or to address chronic/long-standing ailments. These can be booked according to need and severity.
- Traditional Dietary Therapy – TCM
- Clinical nutrition
- Prevention and lifestyle counselling
- Homeopathic medicine
- Herbal/botanical medicine – TCM, Western
- Oriental medicine and Acupuncture
- Flower Essences
Derek is a graduate of the University of Western Ontario ’91. He has worked as a cancer researcher at the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota ’91-’94. As a graduate of The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine ’98, he completed over 4,000 hours of classroom training and supervised clinical experience during a four-year period. On completion of this program, he passed the external Naturopathic Physicians Licensing Examinations (NPLEX) and provincial examinations before establishing his practice in ’98.
As a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, Derek is trained and licensed in the arts and science of Traditional Dietary Therapy – TCM, clinical nutrition, prevention and lifestyle counseling, homeopathic medicine, herbal/botanical medicine, oriental medicine and acupuncture, Flower Essences, Hydrotherapy, and Bodywork.
Derek is also trained in multiple non-invasive bodyworks: The Bowen Technique, Koryo Acupuncture, and Craniosacral Therapy.
With regards to the Bowen Technique, Derek is both a Certified Practitioner and a Licensed Instructor in the therapy. Further information is available through contact with the Bowen Institute.
- Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors: www.cand.ca
- Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors: www.oand.org
- Bowen Technique: www.bowtech.com
- Bowen Training: www.boweninstitute.ca
- Canadian Bowenwork/Bowtech Professional Group: www.cbbg.ca
- Craniosacral Therapy: www.iahe.com